Scope of our work
Bernd Kremer and Ralf Kampf were responsible for determining the essential physical and technical parameters of the particle center taking into account the medical requirements. They worked on nearly all topics, such as:
- Development of an overall therapeutic concept and approval of all product specifications due to all different departments.
- Developing the concept of cross linking the information technology required by various departments (HIS, OIS, DMS, etc.).
- Mapping of clinical workflows for inpatients and outpatients and respectively adapting the architectural layout.
- Workflow optimization through integration of IT systems from specification to implementation.
- Compliance with legal requirements for radiation protection. Take responsibility for the interface between Federal Office of Radiation Protection and manufacturers.
- Complying with legal requirement of data protection especially in regards to IT-systems.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the structural design.
- Managing claims.
- Design and implementation of a comprehensive marketing concept.
- Representation of the technology towards the medical societies.
- Establishment of the referral network from university clinics, national cancer organizations, and oncological networks by contract.
- Development of a functional description for tendering a particle therapy center in a technical adviser structure and documentation of treatment processes
- Creating a personal concept for the treatment facility, staggered according to the phases of the project construction, commissioning and full operation.
- Recruitment and training of the personal for the start of operations of the particle therapy center for the 3 key departments medicine, medical physics and medical technology.
- Negotiating indication catalogues and related remuneration packages with health insurance companies.